• Setting out from Rutherglen Wine Experience ride south-east along Main Street towards Chiltern.
Follow this for a gentle 20km roll into Chiltern.
• Continue straight on the Beechworth-Chiltern Road. Challenging climbs take you toward the imposing Mount Pilot, across the saddle, and onto a welcome downhill run.
• Turn left into Reids Way, a classic quiet country lane, and left again into Beechworth- Wodonga Road. A mostly downhill 10km delivers you to the Indigo Creek Valley Road, where a 15km section of rolling foothills awaits.
• Turn left again at Chiltern Yackandandah Road, through the National Park and back into Chiltern.
• From here take the Chiltern-Howlong Road, veering left into Old Howlong Road, onward to Cornishtown Road, and back into Rutherglen for a well-earned refreshment.